The family camping area is located on the south-east side of
crystal lake, near the Tesomas Base Camp. Twelve sites are
available for renting throughout the year. Each site is
equipped with a table, fire ring and electricity. A shower
is located in close proximity to the campsites.
Tesomas Base Camp
Created in 2002, Tesomas Base Camp allows Units to camp between
Deacon’s Crest Family Camping and Hanna Venture Base. Units
receive the same quality program from Tesomas and a few special
“perks” from Hanna Venture Base.
Staying at the Hanna Lake Campsite
If you are staying in the Hanna Venture Base Lake campsite, the
check-in procedure is a little different.
• Please arrive for check-in at the HVB between 1:30-2:00 pm on
• You will be given a tour of the HVB facilities and instructions
on how to use them.
• Medical Checks and Swim Tests will be done at the Hanna
• Your campsite host will be a member of the Hanna Venture Base
• With your host, you will go to Tesomas to receive Dining Hall
instructions and a brief tour.
Facilities for the Hanna Lake Campsite
The Hanna Venture Base gives those staying in the Lake and Forest
campsites some unique opportunities from those staying at the
• Indoor bathrooms and showers (including the responsibility to
• Use of the indoor climbing wall if staff is available.
• Use of the Waterfront if your Unit is qualified in Safe Swim
Defense and Safety Afloat.
Many of our facilities can be rented outside of the summer for
Scouting and non-Scouting reasons, contact the Samoset Council
office or check out
www.samosetcouncil.org/camping if interested.